Congratulations to Cory Clowe, a graphic design student from North Springs HS for creatively capturing the spirit of science fair with a winning t-shirt design. Over 200 people involved with the FCS science fair will be wearing this winning design on a t-shirt the day of the event February 8th, 2020 at North Spring HS.
Saturday, February 8, 2020
Friday, Febraury 7, 2020 (set up from 4:30 - 7:30 pm)
*Inclement weather make up date, Saturday, February 29, 2020*
North Springs Charter High School
7447 Roswell Road NE
Atlanta, GA 30328
Fulton County Regional Science and Engineering Fair 2020
The Fulton County Regional Science & Engineering Fair (FCRSEF) will be held on Saturday, February 8, 2020 (project set up will take place Friday, February 7, 2020 from 4:30 - 7:30 pm). In order to participate in this fair, students must first qualify through a school fair. Private, charter, and home school projects must also follow the ISEF rules for participation. For students at private, charter, or home schools that are not having their own fair, you must compete in a fair at the FCS school geographically closest to your school or home (if home schooled). Contact that school directly to obtain specific information about that school's local science fair process. If you have trouble contacting the school or determining which school to particpate with, this link may assist. If additional support is needed, please reach out to our STEM Department.
October 15, 2019 is the deadline for schools to submit their intent to participate to the FCRSEF fair director.
The Fulton Regional Science & Engineering Fair follows the rules of the Georgia Science and Engineering Fair and International Science and Engineering Fair (ISEF). Students are required to comply with these rules and they can be found at:
If you need information about forms and rules for 2019, please see the ISEF website. If you neeed more information about which forms to use and the rules for 2020, please visit the ISEF website.
School Participation Forms for Student Projects
The following forms are fillable PDFs. Please download, rename and save before filling.
*Project Titles not to exceed 65 characters.
- If necessary, projects need to be reviewed prior to experimentation beginning and paperwork must indicate that date. Please be sure to submit a research plan and any other relevant information about your reserach to the committees for review.
Forms for Student Projects
All projects should complete:
ISEF Forms Wizard
Not sure which category to compete in?
Use this form to help you decide: 2020 project categories and sub categories in detail
Note that GSEF is using the same 22 categories as ISEF this year. However, some subcategories have changed.
- FCRSEF Student Application 2019 (Project title not to exceed 65 characters)
- GSEF Particpation Agreement
- ISEF Forms (Must be on 2019-2020 forms)
- 1 Checklist for Adult Sponsor
- 1A Student Checklist (and Research Plan Instructions)
- 1B Approval Form (one for each student or team member)
- Qualified Scientist (2)
- Risk Assessment
- GSEF 2019 Abstract (250 charcter max)
- ISEF Abstract 22-Categories
For projects involving Human Subjects, Potentially Hazardous Agents, or Vertebrates:
- 4 Human Participants
- 4 Sample Informed Consent
- 5AB Vertebrate Animal
- 6A Potentially Hazardous Biological Agents
- 6B Human Vertebrate Animal Tissue
If the project was conducted in a regulated research lab (university) or is a continuation of previous research: