The application for the 2024-2025 Pre-Kindergarten Lottery is open now through March 8, 2024.
Please visit our Pre-K website and download the 2024-2025 Pre-K Lottery & Pre-Registration Guidelines.
Don't miss the PRE-K ROUND UP EVENT: Feb 29, 2024 9-11 a.m. & 3-5 p.m.
FCS Pre-Kindergarten Program
NOTE: The FCS Pre-Kindergarten program has limited spaces. Spaces are only allocated through a lottery application process which opens on February 1, 2024 and closes on March 8, 2024. View the 2024-25 Pre-Kindergarten Lottery and Pre-Registration Guidelines in the ‘Important Documents’ section of this page.
NOTE: The FCS Pre-Kindergarten program is funded through DECAL Bright from the Start. Lottery funding is never guaranteed, and classes are pending until state funding is awarded.
Fulton County Schools implements the state-funded Georgia’s Pre-Kindergarten program. We are proud to offer 87 lottery-funded Georgia Pre-Kindergarten classrooms in 47 elementary schools throughout the district.
We provide children with developmentally appropriate learning activities and experiences that prepare young children to be school ready for Kindergarten. For a child to be school ready, they are socially, emotionally, physically and cognitively prepared for success in Kindergarten.
Fulton County’s Pre-Kindergarten program helps children become independent, self-confident, enthusiastic learners. Participation in the program encourages children to develop good habits and daily routines. Research shows that children benefit when instruction is child centered. Child centered instruction allows teachers to facilitate learning in an environment that fosters children’s initiative, exploration, and collaborative interaction with other children and adults.
To ensure a smooth transition to Kindergarten, families are provided information and assistance in preparing for their child’s enrollment in Kindergarten.
Through Fulton's Prekindergarten Program, the child will:
- Develop listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills.
- Develop mathematics skills by recognizing and using numerical concepts, understanding patterns and relationships, and problem-solving.
- Develop science skills by exploring, manipulating, and experimenting with objects in the physical environment.
- Develop the ability to move in ways that demonstrate control, balance and coordination.
- Develop the ability to participate and function in a social environment.
Only children who are four (4) years of age at 11:59 PM on September 1st of the enrolling year AND live within the Fulton County Schools attendance zone are eligible to enroll in an FCS Pre-Kindergarten classroom. Families must provide proof of age and proof of FCS school zone residency to be eligible to register and enroll for the program.
FCS Registration Requirements
For students who have been allocated a seat in an FCS Georgia's Pre-Kindergarten classroom, the following documents are required:
- Proof of date of birth (birth certificate): must be uploaded into Infinite Campus prior to beginning school
- Residence Verification: must be uploaded into Infinite Campus prior to beginning school
- Social Security Card or waiver: must be uploaded into Infinite Campus prior to beginning school
- Immunization Certificate (Form 3231) within 30 calendar days of beginning school
- Ear, Eye, Dental, and Nutrition Screening (Form 3300) within 90 calendar days of beginning school
Frog Street Press
Pre-K Elementary Schools with Pre-Kindergarten Classrooms for the 2023–24 school year
Mary M. Bethune
C.H. GullattHamilton Holmes
Love T. Nolan
A. Philip Randolph
State Bridge Crossing
In addition, the following FCS Elementary Schools will host a Pre-Kindergarten classroom for the 2024-25 school year: