Contracted Personnel Background Check Guidelines
The approved Contractor must ensure (prior to the onset of the contract) that criminal history background checks are performed on all persons hired and assigned to perform services under the contract at a school or facility. Contractor shall not employ for the services of Fulton County Schools (FCS) any person who does not pass the criminal history background check as determined by FCS Department of Safety & Security. The Contractor shall provide to the school Principal, the names of all personnel assigned to perform services for FCS, prior to the start of services. Fingerprints/background checks and contractor badges are good for two (2) consecutive school years; at the end of the 2-year term, all personnel must be fingerprinted again.
IMPORTANT - Photographing and badging occurs on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday (8:00 a.m. -10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.)
Prior to working in and for Fulton County Schools, all contracted personnel must complete the following:
STEP ONE: Complete Registration
If you have NOT already completed the chaperone registration form AND completed the online volunteer application, you must do both before continuing to STEP TWO.
STEP TWO: Fingerprinting/Background Check
Register and pay for fingerprint background check at https://www.aps.gemalto.com/index.htm
- Click on Applicant Registration
- Click on Education Agencies (EA)
- Click on Public Schools
- Read Privacy Rights; check box (“I have read and accepted these terms”); click Continue
- For “Agency”, select Fulton County Board of Education from the drop down list
- For “Reason”, select School Employment-Public Schools from the drop down list
- For “Position Applied for”, enter Company Name and School/Department Name
- For “Fingerprint Card User”, skip and DO NOT check the box
- For “Payment”, select Credit Card or Money Order from the drop down list ($45.00 total cost)
- Complete all areas highlighted in yellow. Click Continue and follow the instructions on the screen
STEP THREE: Find a Fingerprint Location
You should receive an email confirming your registration before proceeding to a fingerprint location.
Once you have received your confirmation email, proceed to be fingerprinted at an approved location. Sites and hours can be found at: https://www.aps.gemalto.com/ga/index.htm. Select "Find A Fingerprint Location" from the left side of the page.
STEP FOUR: Report for Badging
Report to the Fulton County Schools Administrative Building located at 6201 Powers Ferry Road, Atlanta, GA 30339 to be photographed and badged (no earlier than 48 hours, but no later than 30 days after being fingerprinted). Photographing and badging occurs on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday (8:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.)