- HR Homepage
- Join Our Team!
- Recruiting Calendar
- Human Resources Directory
- Teach in Fulton
- Substitute in Fulton
- Lead in Fulton
- Support in Fulton
- Career Fairs & Events
- Payroll and Employee Benefits
- Leave Administration
- Income Verification & Forms
- Parents' Right to Know
The Georgia Professional Standards Commission (PSC) certifies professional employees working in public school systems in the state of Georgia.
Fulton County Schools certified staff, including teachers, specified administrators, and paraprofessionals, must maintain valid state certifications.
Teachers are required to hold valid certification in the fields they teach.
- The PSC requires official transcripts from all universities/colleges attended as part of the certification review process.
- Certification applications can be obtained by visiting the Georgia Professional Standards Commission website.
- Applicants will receive a letter from the PSC advising them on all requirements that must be completed for full certification.
- District employees are notified by the Certification Office of deadlines for completing all certification requirements.
The Human Resources Division has established standards and practices for staffing and supporting high-quality, certified professionals. Read more about information regarding certification and highly qualified teaching requirements at the Resources area below.
Georgia Special Requirements
Georgia certification applicants must satisfy Special Georgia Requirements. These include a course in the identification of exceptional children, completion of content assessment, such as a GACE content assessment or Praxis II content assessment, (prior to September 1, 2006), recency of study, and compliance with the Educator Code of Ethics.
Prior to submitting an application for employment, you must first be eligible to teach and obtain a teaching certificate.
- Distinguish between types of certificates and their requirements.
- Learn the steps to apply for your initial teaching certificate.
- Ensure you are preparing to meet Highly Qualified requirements.
Adding a New Teaching (T) Field
To add a new Teaching (T) field to an existing Clear Renewable Teaching field, an individual can complete one of the following options:
1. Pass the appropriate GACE assessments in the new teaching field.
2. Complete an approved program in the new Teaching field, including any applicable Special GA requirements (GACE test, etc).
IMPORTANT NOTES: The test-out option is not available for adding the Teaching (T) field of Special Education General Curriculum/Early Childhood (P-5). The test-out option is not available for adding a new Teaching (T) field to a Service (S) or Leadership (L) field.
Paraprofessional Certification Information
In accordance with No Child Left Behind guidelines, the PSC requires that paraprofessionals hold a valid Georgia certificate and have one of the following:
Completion of at least two years of study at an institution of higher education; or An associate's (or higher) degree; or Met a rigorous standard of quality and can demonstrate through completion of the GACE Paraprofessional Assessment, which measures:
- Knowledge of, and ability to assist in instructing, reading, writing, and mathematics; or
- Knowledge of, and ability to assist in instructing, reading, writing readiness, and mathematics readiness, as appropriate.
UPDATED LINKS ARE COMING SOON
Certification Renewal Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
Georgia PSC - Completing the Lawful Presence Form
Georgia PSC Affidavit - MUST be Notarized