2023 Graduation Regalia
The following Graduation Cords and Stoles have been approved for 2023. Each organization has specific requirements for earning a cord or stole. If you have questions about qualifying for these honors, please contact the teacher sponsor for the organization. The following criteria must be met for an organization or society to be recognized in the program at graduation.
- The organization must be a nationally recognized academic/co-curricular club, organization, or society.
- The national organization must have criteria/standards that members meet to receive a cord or stole.
- The cord or stole must come from the national organization.
- CHS Administration must approve any exceptions to these criteria.
- All cords and stoles (as well as other regalia) must be approved by CHS Administration.
The second list of approved cords is for academic achievement. This list will be included in the Class of 2023 Commencement Exercises program.
Students achieving a cumulative grade point average of 88 or above will earn one of three levels of Honor Student: Summa Cum Laude, Magna Cum Laude, and Cum Laude. Qualifying students will be contacted after Spring Break with information on purchasing an Honor Cord.
Wearing Graduation Regalia
The most important piece of regalia you will wear on graduation day is the Cambridge High School stole with the school crest. This stole will come with your cap and gown package. The Cambridge stole should be worn over any academic or student organization cords or stoles. Only approved graduation cords or stoles are to be worn at the commencement exercises.
Seniors with an overall numeric average of 88 (GPA weighted calculated through the first semester of the senior year) or higher are deemed Honor Graduates and qualify to purchase an honor cord to wear at Graduation. Honor cords are designed as follows:
- Summa Cum Laude for a numeric average of 96 or higher,
- Magna Cum Laude for a numeric average of 92 or higher, or
- Cum Laude for a numeric average of 88 or higher.
The honor cord costs $10.00 (plus a $.70 service fee) and can be purchased through OSP. Seniors and Senior Parents/Guardians who earned Honor Cords will receive notification via email next week. Seniors must bring their OSP receipt to the Bridge West office to pick up their honor cords. All honor cords will be verified during pick-up.