College Applications and Transcript Reminders
For seniors who are applying to schools with a January 1 through January 5 deadline, requests for transcripts and recommendation letters are due by December 2. The school is closed for the holiday break from December 17 through January 2, 2023. No requests will not be processed during the holiday break.
When planning for applications, seniors should remember that the Counseling Department requires ten school days to process transcripts, forms, and letters, as they cannot be processed after school hours, on weekends, or on holidays.
- All transcripts must be requested through Naviance. Seniors should ensure they add colleges to the "Applying List." It is important that seniors state in Naviance how they apply to the college - Common App or directly to the college.)
- Ensure that the application deadline is correct in Naviance. Deadlines need to be absolutely correct to ensure documents arrive at the applied college on time.
- To process transcripts and letters of recommendation, the Senior Information Survey, located under "Important Tasks," must be completed in Naviance.
- When using the Common App, the FERPA Waiver section must be completed to allow teachers and counselors to send documents to colleges.
- Always ask a teacher before submitting their name as a recommender. Colleges that require a teacher letter will only request one to three. Do not request a letter from more than three teachers for one college.
For more information on requesting transcripts, adding colleges in Naviance, and requesting letters of recommendation, view the Naviance Help videos and review the College Application Process. This series will help seniors navigate the various functions of college applications.
Senior Ads Due January 20 - Senior Quotes Due January 6
Parents and guardians, senior ads for the yearbook are due January 20. Pay for the ad by the deadline, and you can complete the design and submit it in February. The price of the ad does not include a yearbook. Order your yearbook for $85.00 and purchase and design your ad at Cambridge Yearbook.
Seniors, submit your senior quote for the yearbook before January 6. One quote per senior, please!
Senior Presentation: Post-Secondary Planning
Missed the Senior and Senior Parent meeting: The presentation that was given during the August 23 meeting provided information on post-secondary options, planning, admissions, applications, and Naviance.
College and Career Planning
Get started with your college and career planning through Naviance. Learn about the various platforms for applying to college, view videos on the application process, and download the College Application Timeline and Checklist to help you in your journey.