Students taking dual enrollment classes at any college (except Young Harris) must submit a copy of their spring college class schedule to their counselor as soon as they enroll. The deadline to submit these schedules is December 15. Young Harris will notify your student's counselor when they register for classes in their program.
When applying to the college, students must follow the college's process and adhere to their deadlines.
Application Deadlines and Process
The deadline to apply to the Dual Enrollment college and to submit the required FCS Dual Enrollment Contract to your Cambridge Counselor:
- Summer and Fall Semesters - March 31
- Spring Semester - November 1
Registration for the Dual Enrollment course will be dictated by the college at which the course is being taken. Please contact the college with registration questions or issues.
Dual Enrollment Checklist
The following steps must be completed before the deadline (listed above):
2. Schedule a meeting with your Cambridge counselor a week before the deadline (listed above).
3. Complete the FCS Dual Enrollment Contract and submit it to your counselor.
Note: For the second semester (Spring term) only, returning students will need to complete the DE Advisement Form (see above).
Note: A Verification Letter is also required for the Auburn First DE program. Your Cambridge counselor will submit the required transcript with your verification letter. Students may also submit their transcripts through www.gafutures.org (new).
4. During Course Verification for next year's Cambridge classes, note on your course verification form the Dual Enrollment classes for both the fall and spring classes.
5. Complete the admission application for the college(s) you plan to attend. Remember to use your personal email (not your FCS student email) when applying to a college. Remember to check your personal and college email or admissions account and submit any additional documents that your college requires.
6. Send your transcript to the college(s) you are attending through www.GAfurtures.org. For more information on setting up an account with www.gafuture.org and requesting a transcript.
7. Complete the Funding Application found at www.GAfutures.org and sign in to your account. Once you sign in, go to your Dual Enrollment Profile to complete the application. For instructions, view the Dual Enrollment Funding Application Tutorial by GAfutures.org.
Once your application process is complete, the following steps are required:
8. Send official SAT/ACT scores or schedule to take the Accuplacer at GSU or GTC by the college deadline. Check with your college to see if they require test scores for admission.
9. AP test scores must be requested from www.collegeboard.org.
Once admission is completed:
10. Submit proof of acceptance to your Cambridge Counselor by the last day of the semester to avoid placement in a high school class next semester.
11. Attend the college orientation and register for class(es).
12 a. Send a copy of your first semester (fall term) college schedule to your Cambridge Counselor by August 8, 2022.
12 b. Send a copy of your second semester (spring term) college schedule to your Cambridge Counselor by December 15, 2022.