Redistricting Fall 2022 North Fulton
Scope of redistricting to address the following in North Fulton:
- Capacity imbalance at targeted North Fulton elementary schools - upper north central region
- Opening of Crabapple Middle school replacement facility
Potentially Impacted Schools
Elementary Schools Middle Schools High Schools Abbotts Hill ES Autrey Mill MS Alpharetta HS Alpharetta ES Crabapple MS Cambridge HS Barnwell ES Elkins Pointe MS Centennial HS Birmingham Falls ES Haynes Bridge MS Chattahoochee HS Cogburn Woods ES Holcomb Bridge MS Johns Creek HS Crabapple Crossing ES Hopewell MS Milton HS Creek View ES Northwestern MS Northview HS Dolvin ES River Trail MS Roswell HS Esther Jackson ES Taylor Road MS Findley Oaks ES Webb Bridge MS Hembree Springs ES Hillside ES Lake Windward ES Manning Oaks ES Medlock Bridge ES Mimosa ES Mountain Park ES New Prospect ES Northwood ES Ocee ES River Eves ES Roswell North ES Shakerag ES State Bridge Crossing ES Summit Hill ES Sweet Apple ES Vickery MIll ES Wilson Creek ES
Timeline for Redistricting Process
- Redistricting 101- August 30th and 31st on MS Teams and at Board Members' August Community Meetings
- School system staff host informational meetings on redistricting criteria and scope
- Round One - September 13, 2022 at Alpharetta High School
- School system staff outlined the redistricting process and established ground rules for facilitated small-group input sessions.
- Participants moved to small-group sessions and gave input related to the redistricting criteria.
- Staff reviewed public comments and applied Board-approved redistricting criteria to develop alternative attendance zone plans prior to the next community forum
- Round Two - October 4, 2022 at Alpharetta High School
- Staff presented alternative proposals for new attendance zones.
- Community members offered comments on strengths and weaknesses of each plan in facilitated small-group discussions.
- Prior to the next community forum, staff condensed the number of attendance zone alternatives based on public input.
- Round Three - October 18, 2022 at Alpharetta High School
- Community members reviewed and provided input on revised attendance zone draft plans in facilitated small-group discussions.
- Staff used comments to develop a recommended attendance zone recommendation for Board consideration.
- Final Recommendations
- First Read - November 8th
- Board presentation of map for attendance zone changes
- Final Action - December 15th
- Board Members will vote on final attendance zone changes
- First Read - November 8th
The planning office encourages public input regarding new school attendance zones. Input is gathered during the community meeting process. Also, please send comments via mail and email to the addresses listed below.
Fulton County Schools
Operational Planning Department
6201 Powers Ferry Road
Atlanta, GA 30339