How to Wear your Cap, Gown, and Regalia
- The most important piece of regalia you will wear on graduation day is the Cambridge High School stole with our school crest. The Cambridge stole should be worn over any cords or academic stoles.
- With your cap and gown is a Cambridge mask. If you choose to wear a mask, we ask that you wear the matching mask that is provided.
- Caps are not to be decorated.
- Gowns are to be zipped up completely.
- Your tassel should hang on the right side of your cap.
Seniors with a numeric overall average of 88 (calculated), or higher, are deemed Honor Graduates and qualify to purchase a gold honor cord to wear at graduation. On March 31, 2022, an email from Cambridge High School was sent to parents and guardians of seniors who qualified for an honor cord and honor pin. The cost of the honor card is $10.00 and can be purchased in the Counseling Office (cash or check only). Honor cords must be purchased and picked up by May 2, 2022.
Approved Graduation Regalia
Along with Honor Cords for academics, Cambridge High School academic and service organizations that are part of a National or International organization were approved to distribute cords and/or stoles. A list of the approved organizations and the sponsor for each organization can be found below. Sponsors for each organization will work with their eligible seniors on the purchase and distribution of their regalia.
Seniors should wear appropriate attire for the graduation ceremony. Appropriate attire includes a collared shirt, tie, dress slacks, dress shoes, dress, or blouse and skirt. Flat shoes or lower heels are recommended as the graduates process through the amphitheater and down stairs. Seniors should not wear t-shirts, halter tops, tank tops, jeans, shorts, etc.
During graduation rehearsal, seniors will be shown how to wear approved cords and stoles with their Cambridge regalia. In keeping with the tradition of a dignified ceremony, decorated caps and other adornments will not be allowed. Once the graduation procession begins, gowns should be completely zipped and remain zipped throughout the ceremony.