To allow limited flexibility while maintaining the curricular focus, seniors will be allowed a “Reduced Course Load Option” while ensuring they have the courses and credits needed to graduate.
For SY 2022-2023, Fulton County Schools will allow seniors who are on track for graduation, to take a “Minimum Day Reduced Course Load” which allows seniors to reduce their course load by one class period per semester. Students taking advantage of this option can take a morning OR afternoon Minimum Day option.
- Seniors who are enrolled in the courses needed to graduate on time.
- Seniors with no “WF” or “I”
- Seniors who completed the Minimum Day Reduced Course Load Option form. (Students under 18 must have parent permission.)
Note: Students considering admissions to competitive colleges should not participate in the Minimum Day Reduced Course Load Option.
Form Submission Process
1. Print a paper copy of the Senior Reduction Form found below.
2. Students and parents will sign the completed Senior Reduction Form.
3. Students will complete this electronic waiver form. Students will need to load a picture of the finalized paper waiver form.
4. Answer all the questions listed and submit the form. Be sure to send a copy of response to your e-mail for your records.
5. Your counselor of record will reach out to you once your request has been processed.
If we do not receive your official signed consent, by or before May 2, 2022 your student will have a full schedule of continuous classes (6 periods).
Click to download a copy of the SY23 Fillable Form.