The purpose of the School Governance Council is to provide parents, school staff, and community members with a leadership role in the management of the school. The School Governance Council is a governing body that is representative of the community and the school, but operates under the control and management of the Board of Education. The Council is responsible for making decisions regarding the strategic direction of the school including:
- Approve the school strategic plan and updates
- Approve the annual budget and annual resource allocations
- Manage the Request for Flexibility process
- Participate in hiring the principal (in the case of a vacancy)
- Provide annual feedback on principal performance.
2021-2022 School Year Meetings
January 19, 2022 at 9:30 a.m., Microsoft Teams
February 15, 2022 at 9:30 a.m., Microsoft Teams (link in February agenda)
March 16, 2022 at 9:30 a.m.
April 20, 2022 at 9:30 a.m.
May 18, 2022 at 9:30 a.m.
**For upcoming meetings, links to MS Teams are provided in agendas.
Outreach & Communication
Budget & Finance