The mission of the 3DE Banneker B-STEM Magnet Program is to teach a firm grounding of entrepreneurship with an emphasis on innovation and invention. It is one of the best ways we prepare our Business STEM students for the 21st-century workforce, creating ambiguity. Banneker’s 3DE Business & STEM Magnet program promotes innovation and entrepreneurship by “engaging learners where disciplines converge” through project-based learning, science fairs, entrepreneurship fairs, design challenges, and technology club competitions that require students to identify and solve problems using knowledge from across disciplines. Students will become culturally agile, critical thinkers and ask the right questions in various settings.
Vision: 3DE Business STEM Magnet aims to provide an educational experience by increasing students' pathway completion, earning seals, and passing industry assessments.
- All students will complete 3 Business Pathways and at least 1 of the 4 STEM pathways by graduation.
- All students will complete Senior Capstone Experience (Internship, Consultancy/Work-Based Learning).
- Magnet Research Methods will be offered to 9th graders, along with participating in the B-STEM fair in the spring semester.
- Advanced courses of study (AP and dual enrollment) are offered in each study area for students desiring post-secondary advanced degrees).
- Banneker High School and the adjacent Fulton College and Career Academy will offer electives in AV & Film, Aviation, Construction, Digital Media & Animation, and Health Care Science.
- Game Design and Computer Science pathways are pathway options for interested 3DE students.
- AP/4th options in STEM include AP Calculus, AP Statistics, AP Biology, AP Chemistry, and AP Physics.
3DE Banneker Overview
3DE's multifaceted approach to learning uses case methodology to integrate real-world connectivity into the standard high school experience. This universally practical approach to learning is the anchor for interdisciplinary pedagogy, relevant connectivity, and authentic project-based application delivered in every 3DE school. The result is a high school experience that reflects the dynamic pace of activity and interconnectedness of life beyond the classroom walls.
3DE dedicated teachers set high expectations and foster a strong sense of community among their students. Year over year, the curriculum layers in defined competencies to continually build students' skills and mindset as they advance from facilitated learning to self-directed. By the end of their four-year high school career, students graduate with the knowledge, skills, and confidence to thrive in post-secondary and beyond.
Learning where rigor meets the real world:
- Students participate in an authentic project-based application integrated across all core classes.
- Students consistently engage with a variety of industries, professionals, and careers.
- Students develop valuable competencies to navigate a high-growth career.
- Students identify career interests that fit their aptitude, interests, and aspirations.
- Students gather information and support to navigate the post-secondary admissions and financial aid process.
- Students gain exclusive access to 3DE-designated scholarships.