B2 (Advisement) Support
Beginning December 1, the following opportunities for support will be added to advisement time.
What can B² support be used for?
- Extended time on tests/quizzes
- Makeup of work
- Meet to discuss how to get on track
How will B² support work?
- B² support will take place on Wednesdays and Thursdays.
- Teachers will have ten passes (five passes for Wednesdays, five passes for Thursdays – they will be color-coded).
- Teachers give passes to students who need help via B² support.
- Students will report to their normal B² location, present the pass to their B² teacher, then report to B² support via the invitation.
- Students return the B² pass to the proper teacher at B² support.
- If needed, teachers may invite the student to multiple B² support sessions.
- Teachers will keep a log of students invited to B² support.
Can students go to a teacher for B² support without a pass?
- No, starting with a limited number of passes. Only students with a pass may leave B² to go to B² support.
Can parents request that their student receive a B² support pass?
- No, teachers are prioritizing B² support passes for students based on need, grades, work to be remediated.
What if a student is invited to multiple B² supports?
- Students should only accept one pass for B² support.
- Students may get a pass and go to one B² support on Wednesday and another B² support on Thursday.
What will other students in B² be doing while teachers work with their B² support group?
- All other students will report to their regular B² classroom.
- Students who are not in B² support will have a silent study hall.
Will parents be notified if their student has been invited to B² support?
- Teachers will communicate with parents if a student has been invited to B² support multiple times but fails to attend.
Is there a consequence for not showing up to B² support?
- Students who skip B² support opportunities and fail to report to B² will receive a consequence for “class cuts” or “skipping.”