Unit 6- If/Then: Reading Nonfiction Cover to Cover
Topics Covered in Unit 6: I Can...
- RF.3a I can spell common consonant digraphs.
- RI.2 I can name the main topic of a nonfiction book and I can retell details.
- RI.3 I can connect two parts or piece of information together.
- RI.5 I can use text features to learn more
- RI.7 I can use pictures and words to talk about important ideas in a text.
Please use MyON as a reading resource! It is a digital library avilable to your student 24/7 on ClassLink. Students will need to take a diagnostic to determine an appropriate Lexile reading level if it is their first time accessing the program. Then, MyON will suggest books that meet that student's individual reading needs.
As always, students can use iReady Reading to continue developing their reading progress in phonological awareness, phonics, high frequency words, vocabulary, literacy comprehension, and nonfiction comprehension.