Unit 2- Word Detectives
Topics Covered in Unit 2: I Can...
- RF.2a I can tell the difference between long and short vowel sounds.
- RF.2c I can say the beginning, middle, and ending sounds in CVC words.
- RF.3c I can explain how the final -e changes the vowel sound.
- RF.3c I can name the long vowel sound that each vowel team makes.
- RL.2 I can retell a story from beginning to end.
- RL.3 I can name the characters, setting, and main events in a story.
Please use MyON as a reading resource! It is a digital library avilable to your student 24/7 on ClassLink. Students will need to take a diagnostic to determine an appropriate Lexile reading level if it is their first time accessing the program. Then, MyON will suggest books that meet that student's individual reading needs.
As always, students can use iReady Reading to continue developing their reading progress in phonological awareness, phonics, high frequency words, vocabulary, literacy comprehension, and nonfiction comprehension.