Unit 7: Geometry and Coordinate Plane
Topics covered in Unit 7: I can..
- I can recognize or recall axis/axes, coordinates, coordinate plane, first quadrant, ordered pairs, and origin.
- I can identify the origin, quadrant, and axes on the coordinate plane.
- I can use a pair of perpendicular lines, called axes, to define a coordinate system, with the intersection of the lines arranged to coincide with the 0 on each line and given point in the place located by using an ordered pain of numbers called its coordinates.
- I can understand that the first number indicates how far to travel from the origin in the direction of one axis, and the second number indicates how far to travel in the direction of the second axis, with the convention that the names of the two aces and the coordinates correspond.
- I can understand a rational number as a point on the number line. Extend number line diagrams and coordinate axes familiar from previous grades to represent points on the line and in the place with negative number coordinates.
UNIT 7 VIDEOS