Unit 6: Volume, Measurement, and Line Plots
Topics covered in Unit 6: I can..
- I can recognize or recall volume, area, decompose, length-base, width-height.
- I can know and apply strategies to find volume.
- I can find the volume of a right rectangular prism with whole number side lengths by packing it with unit cubes, and show that the volume is the same as would be found by multiplying the edge lengths, equivalently by multiplying the height by the area of the base.
- I can apply the formula V=L X W X H and V=V X H for rectangular prisms to find volumes of right rectangular prisms with whole number edge lengths in the context of solving real world and mathematical problems.
- I can recognize volume as additive. Find volumes of solid figures composed of 2 non-overlapping right rectangular prisms by adding the volumes of the non-overlapping parts, applying this technique to solve real world problems.
- I can apply volume understanding to real world construction problems.
UNIT 6 VIDEOS