Unit 5: If/Then: Reading Nonfiction Cover to Cover Book Club
Topics Covered in Unit 5: I Can...
- RI.2…find the main topic of the whole text, including main topic of each paragraph.
- RI.3…describe how a person, event, or idea changes throughout an informational text.
- RI.6…find the main purpose of a text and understand what the author wants to answer, explain, or describe.
- RI.8…identify specific points the authors makes in a text.
- RI.9…compare and contrast the most important parts of two texts about the same topic.
- RF.3...understand and use phonics and what I know about reading to help me decode words.
- RF.4…read fluently to understand what I am reading.
- W2…write an informative text where I add an introduction, details, and a closing.
Please use MyON as a reading resource! It is a digital library avilable to your student 24/7 on ClassLink. Students will need to take a diagnostic to determine an appropriate Lexile reading level if it is their first time accessing the program. Then, MyON will suggest books that meet that student's individual reading needs.
As always, students can use iReady Reading to continue developing their reading progress in phonological awareness, phonics, high frequency words, vocabulary, literacy comprehension, and nonfiction comprehension.