Safety & Security
- Safety in Fulton Schools
- A Culture of Safety
- Fulton Schools Police Dept.
- Student Health Services
- Register as a Volunteer
- Online Badge Payment
- Home Internet & Device Safety
- Back to Superintendent
Fulton County Schools Coach Registration
All coaches who wish to provide non-paid services, duties and responsibilities pertaining to the care, safety and well-being of the Fulton County School System students must have a national and state background check conducted prior to their volunteer service to the system. According to Georgia law, O.C.G.A 35-3-34.2, volunteers who may have unsupervised access to children may submit to a fingerprint screening, Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and a state, Georgia screening of their criminal history. The criminal history check is to "determine suitability (and fitness) of a potential child care provider," who may be responsible for the safety and well-being of children. (National Child Protection Act section 3(a) (1)) Disqualifying criminal history information for volunteer services may include, but is not limited to, any convictions of child abuse crimes, exploitation, physical or mental abuse, negligent treatment or maltreatment of a child by any person.
NOTE: Coach badges are good for a period of 2 years from the date of issuance. If you already have a badge, please make sure it has expired before you apply for a new one!
Badging locations and hours of operationADMINISTRATION BUILDING6201 POWERS FERRY RD NW, ATLANTA, GA 30339MONDAY – FRIDAY 8:00 AM – 3:00 PMSOUTH LEARNING CENTER4025 FLAT SHOALS RD, UNION CITY, GA, 30291MONDAY 8:30 AM – 3:30 PM
ALL BADGING LOCATIONS WILL BE CLOSED FROM DECEMBER 18 THROUGH JANUARY 1.
PLEASE PLAN ACCORDINGLY.
STEP ONE: Complete Registration and Volunteer Application
If you have NOT already completed the chaperone registration form AND completed the online volunteer application, you must do both before continuing to STEP TWO.
Be sure to return to this page to finish this process! Fieldprint registration will not be approved without completing Step One A & B first.
STEP TWO: Fingerprinting/Background Check
You must register following the steps below and pay for fingerprinting and background check.
- Click Here to register with Fieldprint Georgia
- Click “Schedule Appointment” on the “For Individuals” page
- Click “Sign Up”
- Click “I Agree”
- The next page will prompt you to create your account. Complete required information and click “Continue”
- An email will be sent to your provided email address. Check your email for the verification code. The verification code will expire after 30 minutes.
- Enter the code from your email to Verify Account and click “Complete Registration”.
- Once your account has been verified, you will be able to log in to the Fieldprint scheduling site using your credentials.
- Select “Education Agencies”
- Select Fulton Board of Education
- Select “Public Schools – Volunteer Providing Direct Child Care” as the "Reason for Fingerprinting"
- Start the Data Collection process by completing your Personal Information and click continue
- Next, complete all Demographics and click Continue.
- Review Biometric Disclosure, check “I Agree” and click Continue.
- Review Georgia Privacy Statement, check “I acknowledge…” and click Continue.
- Click “Submit Request” for your registration to be reviewed and approved.
- Please allow up to 24 hours for your registration to be approved. Once approved you will be notified by email to schedule your fingerprinting appointment.
You must Log back into your Fieldprint account.
- When you log back in, the system will prompt you to “Continue Scheduling”.
- Follow the prompts to schedule your fingerprinting appointment.
- You are required to pay $51.50 for the fingerprinted appointment. Select your method of payment and click “Finish Scheduling”.
Please DO NOT select the Request Printcard Packet option UNLESS you are out of state.
- You will receive either a confirmation screen or email with all of your appointment details. Be sure to bring the appropriate identification to your scheduled appointment.
- Please allow 24 - 48 hours for Fieldprint to process your fingerprints.
- Please allow another 24-48 hours for HR to process your background.
- Cancellations and Refunds, please contact Fieldprint customer service at 844-886-0165
- To reschedule, log back into your Fieldprint account.
STEP THREE: Report for Badging
Contact the Badging Department to check on the status of your background check before reporting for a badge. Once you have confirmed you are clear to report for badging, you can report to either location at any time during the badging hours.
- Background checks expire after 30 days of fingerprinting date. If you do not complete Step 3 and report for badging before your background check expires, you will be required to repeat the fingerprinting process again.