First Semester 2020 - Grading Guidance
Below is a recap of the grading guidance provided by Fulton County Schools for the first semester, 2020. The recap includes changes that were made during the semester.
General Grading Information:
Students will earn numerical final grades for the course if they complete at least 80% of the course’s summative assignments/assessments based on the following grading scale:
- A – 90 and Above
- B – 80-89
- C – 70-79
- F – 69 and below
- I – Incomplete (If less than 80% of summative assignments/ assessments were completed)
- NG – No grade
Between 9 - 12 Summative assignments/assessment grades will be entered into Infinite Campus and contribute to the end of the semester grade.
- 8/17-9/16/2020: Students will be permitted to redo, resubmit, and/or retake summative assignments up to three times for a higher score.
- 9/17-11/1/2020: Students who score 79 or below will be permitted to redo, resubmit, and/or retake summative assignments up to one time for a score up to an 89.
- 11/2-12/18/2020: Students who score 89 or below will be permitted to redo, resubmit, and/or retake summative assignments up to one time for a score up to an 89.
Retakes must be taken by Friday, December 4th, to comply with Board Policy that all work must be turned in 10 days prior to the end of the semester.
Formative assessment grades will be entered into the gradebook but will not have a weight assigned to them and, as such, will not impact the ongoing or end of the semester grade. Formative assessment grades will not be counted towards Incomplete status.
There is a district NO ZERO policy in place, but an “I” for incomplete will be entered into Infinite Campus to communicate to students and parents that an assignment/assessment is missing. As of 11/10/2020, “1”s were put in the gradebook in place of “I”s to inform students and parents of true averages. “I”s will be reentered by December 11th.
Final summatives will be administered during the last week of the semester. This “final” will be another summative; it will not weigh more than other summatives.
Students will need to meet both the academic and the engagement requirements to receive credit for a course.
- Academic: Receive an end of semester grade of 70 or above
- Engagement: Complete 80% of the course summative assignments/assessments
Guidance on Grading - November 2, 2020
Fulton County Schools released the following adjustments to grading, to go in to effect for assignments given
on or after November 2, 2020.
• Students will be eligible for one redo/retake who achieves a score of 89 or less.
• Students will be eligible to earn a replacement grade on a redo/retake with a score of no more than 89.
• Student redo/retakes must be completed ten (10) school days prior to the end of the semester.
• Quizzes are to be considered summative assessments and can be given and counted.