Week of April 11, 2022

  • Georgia Tech Distance Math
    A Georgia Tech Distance Math prospective student meeting will be on Tuesday, April 16, at 6:30 pm. Georgia Tech Distance Math is available for students finishing AP Calculus BC this school year and who have completed the FCS Dual Enrollment Contract (due March 31). This virtual meeting will be hosted by the School of Math, Office of Undergraduate Admission, and Georgia Tech Professional Education. Students and parents are invited to learn about the program and ask questions of representatives of Distance Math. Topics covered include:

    • Course content
    • Technology
    • Participation requirements and expectations
    • Admission process and competition
    • State funding program

    For more information on Distance Math. Before the meeting, Georgia Teach will send a link to connect to Georgia Tech. For more information, please contact Laura Brown Simmons, Director of Non-degree Programs, Georgia Institute of Technology, by email at admission@gatech.edu.

    Apply for Free to Valdosta State University
    Valdosta State is waiving the undergraduate application fee for 2022 through April 30, 2022, by 11:00 pm. To Apply

    Seniors looking to attend any technical, two-year, or four-year college are strongly encouraged to complete the Federal Application for Financial Aid (FAFSA) as soon as possible. The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is the main application for federal or state-supported financial aid to pay for a college education.

    Financial aid covers expenses like tuition and fees, room and board, books and supplies, transportation, and other college-related expenses. The FAFSA can be used to determine eligibility for:

    • Federal Student Aid – Pell Grants and student loans.
    • State Financial Aid – HOPE Scholarship and Grant programs.
    • Institutional Financial Aid – Institutional Scholarships offered by a college.
    • Private Financial Aid – Private Scholarships provided by businesses or other organizations.

    For more information, view the FAFSA Overview and How to Fill Out the FAFSA videos provided by Federal Student Aid, a U.S. Department of Education office.


    Preparing Metro Atlanta's Next Generation of Leaders
    Applications are open for the 2022-2023 MARC program. Available to 10th and 11th Grade students in the metro area who want to be immersed in the planning and development of a large metro region. Leadership, communication, and collaboration are skills developed as students take tours, engage in debates, complete case studies, and learn from the region's transportation, planning, arts and culture, and human service experts.

    For more information and to apply.

    High Demand Jobs in Georgia - Free Tuition
    Students interested in entering a field in which there are plenty of job openings can choose to enroll in one of 17 programs of study for which free tuition is available! The HOPE Career Grant can be the boost a student needs to get started on a rewarding career in a well-paying job without accumulating a lot of student debt. It also helps Georgia employers create a pipeline of skilled workers they can hire well into the future. To learn more, or find out which campuses offer these programs, click on one of the programs below.