Helen Ruffin Reading BowlEach year, we challlenge our Renaissance Middle School scholars with participating in the annual Helen Ruffin Reading Bowl.
In 2018-2019, our school took on the winner's trophy by placing in first place! In 2019-2020, we were close to receving first place again by placing third in the competition! This year, help us earn the first place spot again!
Join us by reading the books listed below and signing up with Ms. Alfred, club sponsor.
2020-2021 Helen Ruffin Reading Bowl Books
- Cartaya, Pablo. (2019). Each Tiny Spark. New York, NY: Kokila.
- Draper, Sharon M. (2018). Blended. New York, NY: Atheneum Books for Young Readers.
- Gemeinhart, Dan. (2019). The Remarkable Journey of Coyote Sunrise. New York, NY: Henry Holt and Co.
- Lackey, Lindsay. (2019). All the Impossible Things. New York, NY: Roaring Brook Press.
- Panteleakos, Nicole. (2019). Planet Earth is Blue. New York, NY: Wendy Lamb Books.
- Roberts, Barbara Carroll. (2019). Nikki on the Line. New York, NY: Little, Brown and Company.
- Sloan, Holly Goldberg, & Wolitzer, Meg. (2019). To Night Owl From Dogfish. New York, NY: Dial Books for Young Readers.
- Takei, George, Eisinger, Justin, & Scott, Steven. (2019). They Called Us Enemy. (Illus. Harmony Becker). Marietta, GA: Top Shelf Productions.
- Venkatraman, Padma. (2019). The Bridge Home. New York, NY: Nancy Paulsen Books.
- Williams, Alicia D. (2019). Genesis Begins Again. New York, NY: Atheneum Books for Young Readers.