College Application Process
The following resources are available to assist seniors and parents/guardians in navigating the college application process using Naviance. If you have questions, please contact your Cambridge counselor; they are here to help you. To provide important information as it relates to the senior year, the Cambridge Counseling Department created the presentation given on August 23, 2022.
College Application Checklist
- In Naviance, complete the Senior Information Survey 2022-2023 by September 16.
- Submit the Weighted vs. Unweighted Transcript Selection form if you choose not to have your transcript weighted by September 16.
- Add colleges to Naviance once they are determined.
- Connect Naviance and Common App (if using Common App to apply to colleges).
- Waive FERPA Rights in Common App.
- Add non-Common App colleges to Naviance.
- In Naviance, request college transcripts ten school days before the college's deadline. Continue to work on the application up to the deadline, if needed.
- Request teacher recommendation letters in Naviance ten school days before the deadline. Please ask the teacher's permission first before submitting their name.
- Parents/Guardians can submit the Parent Response form (see below) to provide information about their seniors to help counselors/teachers write a recommendation. Please email the completed form to the assigned counselor.
- Check Naviance to ensure that each college shows the correct format for applying (Common App or applying directly to college). Ensure all due dates are accurate.
- Check each college's portal to ensure all documents have been received by their deadline.
- Check both your FCS student email and your personal email for important information that may be sent to you from the colleges to which you applied.
- Naviance is accessed through ClassLink using the student's FCS user ID and password.
- For college application deadlines of January 1, 2023, through January 8, 2023, the Counseling Department will need all requests submitted by December 1, 2022. Keep in mind that the Counseling Office is closed during the holiday break.
Handouts and Required Forms
Link to Online Form Transcript Choice Declaration (Weighted/Unweighted)
(preferred method to submit form. Due 9/16/2022)
Naviance Help Vidos
Naviance has created a series of videos listed below that will help navigate the various functions for college applications.