URL Grading update
As part of an ongoing update related to Universal Remote Learning, Academics shared a grading update with the board. This update included a staff recommendation for the following changes to establish more uniform grading practices across our organization. This guidance is temporary during Universal Remote Learning and will elapse after first semester.
The following changes will be in effect for every school while in URL:
- Quizzes are considered summative assessments and can be given and counted
- Students will have one (1) attempt to redo/retake
- Students will be eligible for a redo/retake who achieve less than eighty (89)
- Students will be required to redo/retake who achieve less than seventy (70)
- Students will be eligible to earn a replacement grade on a redo/retake with a grade less than a ninety (90) up to an 89
- Student redo/retakes must be completed 10 school days prior to the end of the semester
The above practices will supersede the CMS recovery guidelines. Students at CMS will end the semester with 12 graded assignments/assessments.