District Health Services
- District Health Services Home
- Parent Resources
- School Based Health Centers (SBHC)
- Monkeypox: Guidance from the CDC for Schools/Children
- COVID-19 Coronavirus Updates
- Health Alerts
- Department Directory
- Monthly Health Awareness
- Additional Resources
- Archived Community Updates
COVID-19 Cases in Fulton County Schools
Each Friday, the school district will post a snapshot of COVID-19 cases in Fulton County Schools (FCS) as self-reported by staff and students as required. Please note the following regarding data:
- The positive cases reported in the left-hand column include both students and staff members.
- Student and employee health information is protected by state and federal law, and the school district cannot release information that could be used to identify a student or employee.
- We have changed the process for notification and reporting of the data in the right-hand column. The updated process allows greater transparency. We are now making the assumption all students and staff within a class, team, bus or indoor space are in potential contact when an individual in that space tests positive. This change reduces repetitive notifications and provides a broader alert of potential exposure.
- When a parent or staff reports a confirmed case of COVID-19, FCBOH and FCS Health Services Team works to identify “close contact” as defined under DPH guidelines.
- Students and staff who remain asymptomatic and who wear a mask, may still return to school.
PLEASE NOTE: An extended absence is not necessarily a positive case of COVID-19. There are multiple reasons (another illness, an injury, family emergency, staying home with a quarantined child, etc.) that could cause an absence of multiple days.