Student Health Services
- Student Health Services Home
- Parent Resources
- Health Alerts
- Department Directory
- Monthly Health Awareness
- Additional Resources
COVID-19 Cases in Fulton County Schools
Every Monday the school district will post a one-week snapshot of COVID-19 cases in Fulton County Schools (FCS) as self-reported by staff and students as required. Please note the following regarding data:
- These cases include both students and staff members.
- Student and employee health information is protected by state and federal law, and the school district cannot release information that could be used to identify a student or employee.
- • When a school has a confirmed case of COVID-19, the school notifies the Department of Public Health and works to identify "close contacts" as defined under DPH guidelines. Please know that according to guidelines established by DPH, any students and staff who are confirmed cases of COVID-19 must quarantine for a minimum of 10 days. Any identified close contacts must quarantine for a minimum of 14 days. In both instances, they cannot return to school until they have completed all requirements of the DPH guidance for persons who have tested positive for COVID-19 or identified direct contacts.
PLEASE NOTE: An extended absence is not necessarily a positive case of COVID-19. There are multiple reasons (another illness, an injury, family emergency, staying home with a quarantined child, etc.) that could cause an absence of multiple days.
Below is a table that shows the following:
- total confirmed cases of COVID-19 self-reported to the COVID-19 Response Team
- total number of quarantines required due to direct exposure of a FCS employee or student