Students will be marked in attendance according to the guidelines below.
Grades K-1(and 2 until devices are distributed)
- Students will be counted present for the week if one of the following is met each WEEK:
- Submission of weekly work packet or
- Direct contact with parent/guardian that is logged or
- Participation in a synchronous (live) lesson
Grades 2 (when devices are distributed), 3-5
- Students will be counted present for the day if one of the following is met each DAY for ELA or Math:
- Participation in a synchronous (live) lesson or
- Direct contact with parent/guardian/student that is logged or
- Submission of an assignment
- Students in these classes are expected to connect with their teachers each day via phone, email, tablet or computer for the purpose of checking in for attendance and updating teachers of the students learning plans for the day. Parents will be expected to connect with their child’s teacher every day before 2:00 PM. If a parent is unable to check in, the student will be marked absent for the day.