This site will showcase the many opportunities available through DE for our students and help parents and students understand the components of the process. Below is general information regarding the DE program.
Everything you ever wanted to know about Dual Enrollment
Interested in dual enrollment for the 2023-2024 school year?
Check back for DE updates for the school year 2023-2024 coming in February 2023!
Forms & Information
Most popular Universities for AHS students
Click links for most up to date information, entrance requirements, and college deadlines (not to be confused with AHS deadlines).
Frequently Asked Questions
❓What is Dual Enrollment?
Dual Enrollment (DE) provides funding for students enrolled at eligible high schools to attend Georgia colleges, universities and technical schools and take approved college-level coursework for credit towards both high school and college graduation requirements. Participants must meet admission requirements for the individual institution for which they wish to enroll.
All information about Dual Enrollment can be found by visiting GAFutures.org.
❓Who can participate in DE?
- Students enrolled in a GA public or private high school
- Students in 10th, 11th, and 12th grades (depending on college)
- GSU: must be a rising 11th and 12th grader
- Ga Tech: 10th - 12th, but 10th must meet GSFC testing regulations.
- Gwinnett Tech: 10th - 12th, not available for first time freshman.
- Students must meet the DE admissions requirements at selected postsecondary institutions
- Meet high school requirements specific to Fulton County
- Must not have already received a high school diploma
- No residency or citizenship requirement
❓Am I a Good Fit for DE?
DE students become students of the college, not just the high school. Therefore, they should exhibit the following characteristics:
- Can articulate why he/she is interested in DE
- Meets college DE admissions requirements
- Can follow through on multi-step tasks
- Takes initiative
- Has a specific pathway planned for graduation