Riverwood International Charter School (replacement)
Background of Project
The replacement Riverwood International Charter School is being built in three phases. Phase 1, which opened in 2017, produced a 112,500-square-foot addition with 30 classrooms and a newly constructed baseball field. Phase II was completed in 2019 and included the buildout of the main classroom portion of the new school, including the CTAE classrooms, cafeteria and the media center. The work also included installation of mechanical, electrical, and plumbing equipment along with partition walls and flooring.
Phase III, which is the final stage of construction, began in 2020 and is expected to finish in 2022. This phase involves the physical education/health and performing arts areas (which includes the auditorium, music, drama, band, orchestra and chorus) as well as tennis courts, practice fields, and additional parking.
Presentations and DocumentsThe documents below date from the beginning of the proposed building addition project to the present. As the scope of the project changes and adjusts during the planning, bidding, and construction phases, please be reminded that the most recent documents (under 'What's New') should reflect the most current and accurate information. These documents should be used as a reference only.
- February 13, 2019 - presentation at School Board Member Gail Dean's community meeting
- August 2017 - Building project overview from FCS Capital Programs Department
- March 9, 2017 - community meeting presentation at Riverwood | General Notes | Preliminary Phasing Schedule
- October 24, 2016 - letter from the principal regarding construction concerns
- Fall 2016 - construction phasing schedule
- October 26, 2015 - community meeting presentation at Riverwood | FAQs
- March 23, 2015 - construction update presented to Riverwood's School Governance Council
- September 2014 - construction update at School Board retreat
- October 2013 - construction timeline presented to Riverwood's School Governance Council
Building Advisory Committee of Riverwood's School Governance Council
Turner Construction - Phase I
R.K. Redding Construction - Phase IIA
Gilbane Construction - Phase IIB
Carroll Daniel Construction - Phase III
Chapman Griffin Lanier Sussenbach