Crabapple Middle School (opening in August 2021)
Background of Project
The replacement Crabapple Middle School is being built along Woodstock Road in Roswell, less than two miles from the existing school. Construction began in Summer 2019 and the project is progressing toward an August 2021 opening.
The new school will be situated on a 29-acre site that provides a natural foliage buffer to neighboring subdivisions. The building itself will be approximately 189,200 square feet – about 66,000 square feet larger than the existing Crabapple – with a partial two-level design that features 76 classrooms and instructional spaces, a cafeteria and a gymnasium. The school also will have a technology-focused media center as well as innovative collaboration spaces for students and staff. Outdoor features include a playfield and track, two basketball courts, and four tennis courts.
Evergreen Construction is the general contractor and is working 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday through Saturday, to meet the school's opening date.
Presentations and Documents
- October 9, 2018 - presentation at School Board work session
- October 17, 2018 - presentation at School Board Member Katha Stuart's community meeting
- October 29, 2018 - community meeting held at Crabapple MS
- October 16, 2019 - presentation at School Board Member Katha Stuart's community meeting
- Minutes from June 2019 meetings with homeowners adjacent to new site
- Information about new location for Crabapple MS site
- Aerial view of site plan
- Site layout
- Exterior images