Topics covered in Unit 2: I Can...
- I can determine the main idea in a text.
- I can determine key details to support the main idea in a text.
- I can determine two or more main ideas in a text.
- I can explain how the details support the main ideas.
- I can summarize the text.
- I can order historical events in a text.
- I can order steps or procedures in a text.
- I can determine cause and effect in a text.
- I can explain the relationships in a text based on specific information.
- I can identify the structure of a text (chronology, comparison, cause/effect, problem/solution).
- I can identify similarities in overall structure between two texts.
- I can identify differences in overall structure between two texts.
- I can identify particular points in a text.
- I can identify reasons in a text.
- I can identify types of evidence (for example: interviews, personal experiences, facts).
- I can explain how an author uses reasons and evidences to support points in a text.
Please use MyON as a reading resource! It is a digital library avilable to your student 24/7 on ClassLink. Students will need to take a diagnostic to determine an appropriate Lexile reading level if it is their first time accessing the program. Then, MyON will suggest books that meet that student's individual reading needs.
As always, students can use iReady Reading to continue developing their reading progress in phonological awareness, phonics, high frequency words, vocabulary, literacy comprehension, and nonfiction comprehension.