Interpretation Book Clubs
Topics covered in Unit 3: I Can...
- I can determine a theme.
- I can explain how characters respond to challenges.
- I can summarize a text.
- I can identify similarities between two or more characters, settings or problems.
- I can determine differences between two or more characters, settings or problems.
- I can pick out specific details in a text that support the similarities or differences.
- I can identify figurative language (for example: simile/metaphor) in a text.
- I can determine the meaning of words and phrases (including figurative language) used in a text.
Please use MyON as a reading resource! It is a digital library avilable to your student 24/7 on ClassLink. Students will need to take a diagnostic to determine an appropriate Lexile reading level if it is their first time accessing the program. Then, MyON will suggest books that meet that student's individual reading needs.
As always, students can use iReady Reading to continue developing their reading progress in phonological awareness, phonics, high frequency words, vocabulary, literacy comprehension, and nonfiction comprehension.