Dual Enrollment Overview
Dual Enrollment is designed to prepare students for college and career opportunities leading students to postsecondary institutions for an industry recognized certification or licensure, an associate and/or higher college degree, and successful employment.
Georgia has created a singular program known as Dual Enrollment for students in grades 10-12 who qualify to participate. Students may enroll on a part-time or full-time basis as a Dual Enrollment student and take college courses at their high school or on a postsecondary campus. Students will receive high school and college credit simultaneously when attending and passing approved college classes.
More Dual Enrollment Information for the Georgia Department of Education
Who's Eligible to Participate in Dual Enrollment?
- Entering or enrolled in 11th or 12th grade and taking courses at any secondary high school
- Entering or enrolled in 10th grade: enrolled in a CTAE course at a technical college OR has an SAT or ACT score that meets the requirements of the Zell Miller Scholarship OR was enrolled as a 9th grader in dual enrollment on or before June 30, 2020
Dual Enrollment Participation Rules as of June 30, 2020
- No retakes of courses will be funded by the state.
- After withdrawal from a second dual enrollment course, the student would be unable to participate in the Dual Enrollment Program.
READY TO GET SIGNED UP FOR DUAL ENROLLMENT FOR THE 23-24 SY?
FOLLOW THESE STEPS:
1. RESEARCH, SELECT, AND APPLY TO THE DUAL ENROLLMENT SCHOOL(S) OF YOUR CHOICE
2. CREATE A GA FUTURES ACCOUNT/COMPLETE FUNDING APPLICATION
3. SUBMIT YOUR INTENT TO PARTICIPATE TO THE RICS COUNSELING TEAM
4. SIGN UP FOR REQUIRED ACT/SAT OR COLLEGE ACCUPLACER
LOOK BELOW ALL FORMS AND PRESENTATIONS NEEDED TO COMPLETE THESE STEPS.
Auburn Dual Enrollment Information Overview
This provides information about the self-pay dual enrollment program at Auburn University.
FCS Dual Enrollment Flyer
District information for the dual enrollment program.
Course Most Frequently Taken
Listing of commonly taken course. Complete list of available courses can be located on GA Futures.
FCS Dual Enrollment Contract
Required of all new and returning DE students.
Graduation Status Report
Use this form to determine remaining courses for graduation. These remaining classes can be taken via dual enrollment.
SPA and Funding Application Step-by-Step Guide
GA Futures SPA and Funding Application
Dual Enrollment SPA/Funding Application
Complete this form to receive funding for dual enrollment. Counselors will enter courses on SPA.
Dual Enrollment Course Directory
Course directory for all dual enrollment schools.