Attention Class of 2021!
Naviance Student allows you to:
- Get involved in the planning and advising process – Build a resume, complete online surveys, and manage timelines and deadlines for making decisions about colleges and careers
- Research colleges – Compare GPA, standardized test scores, and other statistics to actual historical data from our school for students who have applied and been admitted in the past
- Research careers – Research hundreds of careers and career clusters, and take career assessments
- Create plans for the future – Create goals and to-dos, and complete tasks assigned to you by the school to better prepare yourself for your future college and career goals
Important 2020-2021 Updates for Class of 2021
For the 2020-2021 academic year, Fulton County School District will be using Naviance for college document submissions. Naviance will simplify the processes the counseling department and teachers follow to send transcripts, school reports, and recommendation letters to colleges, including all Common Application colleges.
IMPORTANT CHANGES TO Common Application PROCESS: Create your Common App account but please do not invite any teacher or counselors to write letters of recommendation through Common App. This process will take place in Naviance for the 2020-2021 school year. After August 1st you will need to match your Common App account with your Naviance account. Once you match Common App to Naviance you will then be able to request transcripts and teacher recommendations in Naviance Student.
These videos will help you understand this process better:
To Do List
We encourage you to use SuperMatch to conduct a college search and start building your “Colleges I’m Thinking About” and “Colleges I’m Applying To lists.” Additionally, you can start researching a database of Scholarships and begin creating a list of scholarships you can apply for. You can also view the videos in the College Application video series for additional information on the student application process in Naviance Student.
You can use SuperMatch to:
- Find & Pin a School by Name: allows you to find a college that you already know that they’re interested in. “Pinning” that school will leave the school at the top of your list of results and allow you to compare that school to other institutions based on their search criteria. An unlimited number of schools can be pinned.
- Find Your Best Fit: allows you to select from 23 criteria that are important to you in your college search. You may choose as many or as few factors from the left-side options. With each selection you make, a list of results will update in the center of your screen. We recommend that you make at least five criteria selections before examining your results to allow the program to narrow down from the 4,000+ schools available.
- Add to list: SuperMatch will allow you to add colleges to your “Colleges I’m Thinking About” list on Naviance Student. You can then move the colleges to your “Colleges I’m Applying to” list.
We hope that you will find this resource helpful. If you have any questions about Naviance Student and the college application process, please contact us.
ACCESS YOUR NAVIANCE ACCOUNT TODAY via ClassLink: https://launchpad.classlink.com/fcs