*When possible, to expedite the registration process, please complete the following forms and bring them when enrolling a new student (forms need per students).
The Registration Process
- Verification of Residence: Provide two (2) verifiable documents indicating residence in the attendance zone:one from the approved utility list (Water, Electric, or Gas) and one from the approved residency list (Home mortgage payment, Current bank statement, Copy of Section 8/HUD Housing contract, Homeowner's/Renter's insurance card, Current paycheck stub, State Driver's License/ID with current address, and/or Current HOA Bill/Statement. learn more
- Academic Records: The records must include the name, address, and telephone number of the previous school. Bring the most recent report card, withdrawal form from previous school and/or transcripts, discipline record and attendance record. These are essential.
- Immunization Certificate: Georgia requires students to be immunized against measles, mumps, polio, rubella, whooping cough, tetanus, diphtheria, hepatitis B, haemophilus influenza, and varicella. Immunization information must be on the proper Georgia Department of Human Resources form; these are available through the Fulton County Department of Health and Wellness or local physicians (Form 3231). Sixth grade students must have an additional MMR (mumps, measles and rubella) vaccine and are required to have the chicken pox (varicella) vaccine or proof of immunity. The Georgia DHR Form 3189 is acceptable for these students showing the additional immunizations for 6th graders. Forms 3231 and 3189 must be signed by the Health Department or a licensed Georgia physician. These forms are available through the Fulton County Health Department or local physicians.
- Ear, Eye & Dental Certificate: No child entering a Georgia school for the first time shall be admitted unless the child has a certificate of eye, ear and dental screening. This Georgia Department of Human Resources certificate (Form 3300) must be signed by the Health Department or a licensed Georgia physician.
- Birth Certificate: This must be a government issued certificate; hospital certificates are not acceptable. Birth certificates for children born in Georgia may be requested from the Georgia Department of Human Resources, Vital Records, 2600 Skyland Drive, NE, Atlanta, Georgia 30319-3640, phone: 404-679-4701, fax: 404-524-4278
- Student's Social Security Number: Social security numbers are voluntary. Waivers are available in local schools. Applications for social security numbers are also available in local schools. Migrant number is acceptable
- Proof of Guardianship