What's New for Your Graduation Year
Dear Class of 2023,
Riverwood counselors want to remind you that all students in Fulton County Schools have access to Naviance, which can be accessed through ClassLink. As you begin your senior year, we strongly encourage you to visit Naviance to research and plan for college, explore careers and to find scholarships.
For students planning to attend college, Naviance Student will also be used to request and process transcripts, letters of recommendation, and other college application documents. After doing your research and compiling a list of colleges you are applying to in Naviance, you will need to become familiar with the different platforms colleges use to have students apply. These platforms include:
- Common Application
- Common Black College Application
- Individual College Application Portal (visit school’s admissions website)
If you are using Common Application to apply to college, you will need to:
- Create your Common App account.
- Complete your Common App essay prompts.
- Match your Common App account to Naviance. This can only be done on or after August 1st.
- Do not request counselor or teacher recommendations until after you match your accounts on or after August 1st. Requesting recommendations before August 1st will create issues with processing
Please watch the videos below in preparation for the college application process:
- Naviance Overview Video
- Common App Matching
- Students Requesting Transcripts
- Requesting Letters of Recommendation
Another task to consider includes completing the Senior Recommendation Survey which is now available now in Naviance (Task: Naviance Home Page). Complete it over the summer to ensure your counselors and teachers have needed information to complete an outstanding recommendation for you. Counselor and teacher requests for recommendation will be processed starting September 1, 2021
If you are interested in going into the workforce, military, or desire to explore other options outside of college, please contact your assigned counselor. We are eager to help you develop a plan!
For current senior students needing a mid-year transcript to be sent to college.