Riverwood International Charter School Counseling Department
The vision of the Counseling Center is for all students to have the academic, career, and social/emotional skills to be successful, contributing members of the nation and the world.
The mission of the Counseling Center is to provide a comprehensive and developmentally appropriate counseling program that offers equitable access to the highest level of achievement through advocacy for all students. By collaborating with parents, teachers, administrators, and the community, the department will meet student's academic, career, and personal-social needs and will equip them with the necessary skills to become confident and compassionate lifelong learners who positively impact society.
The Counselor Center believes:
- All children can learn.
- Students learn in different ways.
- The developmental needs of all students are addressed through academic and social/emotional counseling and guidance.
- Counselors help ensure a safe, supportive, and secure learning environment for all students.
- The counseling team plans, delivers, and evaluates a comprehensive school counseling program to help maximize student achievement.
- Data is used to help guide the development of the comprehensive school counseling program.
- The ASCA Ethical Standards for School Counselors are used as the guidelines to help ensure appropriate choices when assisting students.
NOTICE: It is the policy of the Fulton County School System not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, or disability in any employment practice, educational program, or any other program, activity or service. To make a complaint or to request accommodation or modification due to discrimination in any program, activity, or service, contact Compliance Coordinator (Chief Human Resources Officer), 6201 Powers Ferry Road, NW, Atlanta, Georgia 30339, 470-254-3600.