Our Mission, Vision, and Beliefs
Roswell High School received the Recognized ASCA Model Program (RAMP) designation during a special ceremony at the American School Counselor Association’s 2015 annual conference in Phoenix, Arizona. The school was honored for making an exemplary commitment to comprehensive school counseling programs.
The RAMP designation, awarded to schools that align with the criteria set in the ASCA National Model, recognizes schools that are committed to delivering a comprehensive, data-driven school counseling program and an exemplary educational environment. More than 550 schools have been designated as RAMP since the program’s inception.
The mission of the Roswell High School Student Services Department is to help students, families, and staff on the path towards student achievement through the implementation of a comprehensive counseling program. As advocates, members of the Student Services team work to ensure that every student receives an equal opportunity for excellence and the ability to graduate on time and be ready for college or work in a rapidly changing global society.
Students at Roswell High School are graduating on time with the appropriate knowledge and training to be successful in their post-secondary options. All students have access to a comprehensive counseling program that allows them to grow personally, achieve academically, and build career readiness. Roswell students are actively engaged in classroom learning in a nurturing and caring environment that supports student growth through a collaborative effort from school and community stakeholders.
Roswell Student Services believes:
- All students can graduate from high school
- All students deserve teachers and staff who support student success
- All students can learn when their individual personal and academic needs are met
- Upon graduation, all students can be ready for life after high school
- A comprehensive school counseling program must utilize data to plan and set goals
- All students, faculty, and staff deserve respect
- All children need school counseling that is related to personal and academic growth, education, career decision making, and social skills
- School Counseling is an integral part of the child’s total educational experience
- The school counselors will abide by ASCA’s professional school counseling standards and ethics