Middle School Summer School
Middle School Summer Learning is an opportunity for middle school students to accelerate or for those students who have failed one or more of the core content courses during the time between school years. Middle School students who attend Summer School will be required to take all four content ares: ELA, Math, Science, and Social Studies. The summer session is a condensed version of content provided during the school year, and students must have their course requests validated by their school before being enrolled.
For summer 2022, students who have previously failed a year-long World Language course have the opportunity to retake the course for free through Fulton Virtual School. Students may take up to two credits at no cost. In addition, students who have failed one or more content courses will attend summer learning at no cost.
Students can participate through Face-to-Face Summer School from June 8 - July 8, 2022.
Students who choose to accelerate through Fulton Virtual School during the summer will require tuition.from June 1 - July 13, 2022.
Face-to-Face Summer School courses will also be offered for special education students who require an adapted curriculum (those assessed on the Georgia Alternate Assessment 2.0). The content will focus on the core content areas: English/Language Arts, and Mathematics, while previewing the upcoming school year's content in Science, and Social Studies.
Summer School Online Registration:
March 1, 2022 - May 26, 2022
Face-to-Face: June 6 & 7 (at the summer learning site)
Fulton Virtual School: June 1 - June 6, 2022 (online)
Dates: June 8 - July 8, 2022
Hours: 8:55 a.m. - 1:20 p.m.
Fulton Virtual School:
Dates: June 1 - July 13, 2022
Summer School Invitation Criteria
Grade Level Invitation Criteria Courses Offered 6-8 FVS • Students with an F in a year-long World Language course and they want to retake the course
• Academically appropriate acceleration
Year-long World Language Courses
Academically appropriate acceleration courses
• Required for 8th grade students who receive the below grade level indicator for reading or a level 1 on the math milestones
• Students with an F for the year in ELA, Reading, or Math
• Students with 2 or more core content F's for the year
• Students who are 2+ years below grade level in i-Ready for reading/math
• Students who are being considered for retention
English Language Arts
Preview of upcoming Science and Social Studies
All students will get all courses
Students on Adapted Curriculum • Students who did not master one or more Unique Learning benchmarks Unique Learning
Face-to-Face Summer School Locations
Zone Summer School Site Serving These Schools Zone 1 McNair McNair, Banneker HS Woodland MS Woodland MS Zone 2 Bear Creek Bear Creek, Creekside HS Paul D. West Paul D. West, Tri-Cities HS Zone 3 Renaissance Camp Creek, Renaissance, Sandtown Zone 4 Sandy Springs Ridgeview, Sandy Springs Zone 5 Crabapple Elkins Pointe, Crabapple Holcomb Bridge Holcomb Bridge, Haynes Bridge Zone 6 Taylor Road Autrey Mill, River Trail, Taylor Road Zone 7 Northwestern Hopewell, Northwestern, Webb Bridge
Summer Learning School Nutrition
Students attending face-to-face summer learning or Pre-K will receive free breakfast and lunch meals during their school’s scheduled mealtimes.
Summer Learning Transportation
Fulton County Schools is providing school bus transportation for most Summer Programs in 2022. Please contact your school in reference to specific transportation options for your student's program.
To Get Started:
To find your child’s bus stop information:
- Go to the Fulton County Schools Homepage
- Go to Departments at the top of the page and click
- Find Transportation and click
- Find the Summer School Bus Stop Information
- You will be at SUM(Summer) Webquery
Follow these steps for using the WebQuery Bus Stop information tool to locate the nearest pickup and drop-off location for your child:
- Enter the "Student Information" which is their home address ◦ WebQuery allows you to enter a partial street name - This helps you select a known address from the database.
- For example: if you entered "2555 Lex" you can select "2555 Lexington Avenue" from the list of available addresses.
- Do not select a program.
- Click “Go”.
Please be aware that this may not be the actual bus stop for your child. Webquery selects the nearest stop to your address but may not be the best stop due to a hazard or some other type of concern. It is best to use the Here Comes the Bus app to follow and track your child’s bus. This will ensure that you have the most current and accurate information for your child. Click here to get started.
- Please know that every reasonable effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of this data. However, with student registration remaining open beyond the end of the school year, routing will remain a work in progress.
*Fulton County Schools shall not be liable for any errors in the content nor, for any action taken in reliance thereon.