Elementary Summer Learning (Grades 3-5)
Elementary Summer Learning (Grades 3-5) is an opportunity for elementary students to receive targeted support in reading and mathematics in a face-to-face setting. Please register your child for the grade level they were in during the 2022-2023 school year.
Summer Learning Online Registration:
March 1, 2023 - May 25, 2023
Face-to-Face: May 30 & June 2 (at the summer learning site)
Dates: June 5, 2023 - July 10, 2023
Hours: 7:40 a.m. - 11:40 a.m.
Summer Learning Invitation Criteria
Grade Level Invitation Criteria Courses Offered
- Required for 3rd grade students who receive the below grade level indicator for reading
- Required for 5th grade students who receive the below grade level indicator for reading or a level 1 on the math milestones
- Recommended for 3rd grade students who receive level 1 on the math milestones
- Recommended for 4th grade students who receive the below grade level in reading and/or level 1 in math
- Recommended for students who are 2+ years below grade level in i-Ready for reading or math (teacher recommendation and other data points will be used to determine if students falling into this category will be invited)
- Recommended for students who are being considered for retention (3-5)
- Recommended for students with Teacher recommendation
Reading / Math
Grades 3-5 Reading
- Students will focus on the prioritized reading standards for their grade level utilizing Scholastic LitCamp. This fun and engaging reading and writing summer camp style curriculum will have your student singing songs, reading books together, acting out parts of stories, and drawing, reading and writing about the stories they read. Students love this hands-on experience!
Grades 3-8 Math
- Students will focus on the major work of each grade level through daily lessons designed to support fluency, mathematical discourse, and conceptual understanding.
Summer Learning Host Sites 2023
PLEASE NOTE: Students registered to attend classes at Love T. Nolan will now be located at Mary M. Bethune Elementary School.
Zone Summer School Site Serving These Schools Zone 1 Mary M. Bethune Elementary School Mary M. Bethune, Love T. Nolan Asa G. Hilliard Elementary School * Asa G. Hilliard, Brookview, College Park Feldwood Elementary School Feldwood, Heritage Zone 2 Hamilton E. Holmes Elementary School Conley Hills, Hamilton E. Holmes Palmetto Elementary School Evoline C. West, Palmetto Parklane Elementary School Hapeville, Parklane S.L. Lewis Elementary School Oakley, S.L. Lewis Zone 3 Liberty Point Elementary School Campbell, Gullatt, Liberty Point Cliftondale Elementary School Cliftondale, Randolph, Stonewall Tell Wolf Creek Elementary School Renaissance, Seaborn Lee, Wolf Creek Zone 4 Heards Ferry Elementary School Heards Ferry, High Point, Lake Forest Woodland Elementary School Dunwoody Springs, Ison Springs, Spalding Drive, Woodland ES Zone 5 Esther Jackson Elementary School Esther Jackson, Hillside, Northwood, River Eves Mimosa Elementary School* Hembree Springs, Mountain Park, Roswell North,
Sweet Apple, Vickery Mill, Mimosa
Zone 6 Wilson Creek Elementary School Barnwell, Medlock Bridge, Shakerag, State Bridge, Wilson Creek Abbotts Hill Elementary School Abbotts Hill, Dolvin, Findley Oaks, Ocee Zone 7 Creek View Elementary School Creek View, Lake Windward, New Prospect, Manning Oaks Birmingham Falls Elementary School Alpharetta ES, Birmingham Falls, Cogburn Woods,
Crabapple Crossing, Summit Hill
*Indicates summer site for students on adaptive curriculum or ESY
Summer Learning Testing Schedule
Grade Level Instructional Dates Testing Dates Make-Up Dates 3rd Grade June 5 - July 5 July 6 - ELA Part 1
July 7 - ELA Parts 2 & 3
July 10 4th Grade June 5 - July 3 5th Grade June 5 - July 3 July 5 - Math
July 6 - ELA Part 1
July 7 - ELA Parts 2 & 3
Summer Learning Transportation
Abbreviated transportation is available for summer learning. Please check the Transportation website after May 19th for bus stop and time information for your student. We will continue to use the "Here Comes the Bus" app during summer learning to ensure that you have the most up-to-date bus information for your student. Students attending Summer Learning Adaptive program can receive transportation based on their IEP. Please register no later than April 26th to ensure your student's route is in place for the first day of summer school.