District Health Services
- District Health Services Home
- Parent Resources
- School Based Health Centers (SBHC)
- Monkeypox: Guidance from the CDC for Schools/Children
- COVID-19 Coronavirus Updates
- Health Alerts
- Department Directory
- Monthly Health Awareness
- Additional Resources
- Archived Community Updates
COVID-19 Coronavirus Updates
Fulton County Schools works daily to ensure the health and well-being of our students and staff by developing, implementing, and delivering school health services throughout the year. Occasionally, extraordinary efforts are required to meet particular challenges, such as the recent concerns about coronavirus (COVID-19).
We are currently following the lead of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the Georgia Department of Public Health (GDPH), the Fulton County Board of Health (FCBOH) as well as other local, state, and federal agencies to make sure we have the most up-to-date information available. This page has been established to provide these resources and communications from the district to our community members.
Building the Bridge to Success
Fulton County Schools is focused on recovery and transformational student achievement, growth, and success for the future. The district’s three-year comprehensive plan to do this is called “Bridge to Success.” Consisting of several strategic goals and program initiatives, the Bridge to Success plan aims to address the impact of the pandemic on lost instruction and learning, and ensure the safety of students, staff, and families. Leveraging more than $168 million dollars of federal Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief (ESSER) funds, the district will implement and execute the plan which incorporates evidence-based interventions to support accelerated learning opportunities for students, and ensure they record the highest academic growth averages in the Metro Atlanta area.
For more information about the Bridge to Success plan, visit https://www.fultonschools.org/bridgetosuccess.
Latest COVID-19 Announcements
Recently, the CDC released updated COVID-19 guidelines which included changes to the guidelines for Schools and Childcare Programs. Click here to review the CDC Guidelines
A brief summary of changes is as follows:
- Removed the recommendation to cohort
- Changed recommendation to conduct screening testing to focus on high-risk activities during high COVID-19 Community Level or in response to an outbreak
- Removed the recommendation to quarantine, except in high-risk congregate settings
- Removed information about Test to Stay
- Added detailed information on when to wear a mask, managing cases and exposures, and responding to outbreaks
Documents & Reports
Due to the nature of COVID-19, FCS guidelines are subject to change based on local data, and public health directives or guidance. Below are a few of the sources and reports used in making these decisions.
FCS COVID Reports
From Fulton County Schools
- FCS FoodStop Food Distribution Program
- Georgia COVID-19 Emotional Support Line
- COVID-19 Resource in 13 Different Languages
From Children's Healthcare of Atlanta
From the CDC
- Facts About COVID-19
- Children and Coronavirus Disease
- CDC "After Travel" Precautions
- How to prepare and take action for COVID-19
From Georgia DOE & DPH