International Skills Diploma Seal
International Skills Diploma Seal Website Update:
The International Skills Diploma Seal is awarded to graduating high school students who complete an international education curriculum and engage in extracurricular activities and experiences that foster the achievement of global competencies. It is a signal to employers and higher education institutions that a student is prepared to participate in the global economy. All students may begin meeting the requirements as early as their freshman year. Students whose academic and extracurricular achievements qualify them for this honor apply during the fall of their senior year. Qualified candidates then complete a capstone presentation to the ISDS committee early in the spring semester. Please follow the link below to see full program requirements and the official list of approved courses. Interested students may contact Frau McCarty (German teacher) in H26 or by email at email@example.com with any questions.
Application (includes current requirements for 2022-23)
2022-23 Requirements to Apply:
- 3 or 4 years of same World Language*
- 4 or 5 additional courses from the ISDS approved list (see application) with a global focus*
- 2 extracurricular activities with a global or cross-cultural focus (will likely return to 4 in 2023-24)
- 10 hours volunteering/service project with a global or cross-cultural component (will likely return to 20 in 2023-24)
* Please note: Seniors may count courses they are enrolled in for this current school year towards ISDS requirements. Successful completion of those courses will be required to obtain the diploma seal.
Requirements of ISDS Program:
- Attend two short informational meetings to learn about the Capstone project
- Successful completion of ISDS Capstone Presentation in the Spring semester