Georgia Student Finance Commission
- GSFC is one of the most successful state student aid operations in the nation.
- The organization handles all the state and lottery-funded scholarships, grants, service cancelable loan programs.
- They provide free financial aid consultation.
- Their mission is to ensure Georgians have an opportunity to access education beyond high school.
Hope and Zell Miller Scholarships
- Available to Georgia residents who have demonstrated academic achievement - merit-based scholarship.
- There are specific eligibility requirements to qualify for the scholarship program:
- Meet US Citizenship or eligible non-citizen requirements.
- Meet college Georgia Residency requirements.
- Be enrolled as a degree-seeking student at USG, TCSG, or an eligible private college in Georgia.
- Comply with Selective Service registration requirements.
- Meet academic achievement standards.
- Be in good standing on all students loans or other financial aid programs.
- Comply with the Georgia Drug Free Post Secondary Education Act of 1990.
- Not have exceeded the maximum awards limit for any HOPE program.
For more information, visit GAfutures.
Hope and Zell Miller Grants
- These grants are different from Hope or Zell Miller Scholarships.
- They are designed mainly for students who intend to enter a diploma or certificate program through a technical college.
- No GPA requirement out of high school.
- Must maintain a 2.0 GPA in the college diploma or certificate program for HOPE GRANT (portion of tuition).
- Must maintain a 3.5 GPA in the college diploma or certificate program for ZELL MILLER GRANT (full tuition).