New Transcript Request Choice
Fulton County Schools continues to explore more ways to provide our parents and students with additional choices and options whenever possible. Based on input and feedback the district received from parents last school year, our students now have the choice to send their unweighted transcripts or weighted transcripts to colleges, universities, and for scholarship opportunities. Within the college application process, some universities and colleges apply different treatments to weighted and unweighted grades/NGAs. With the district’s goal to provide students a choice, schools will be required to have students select whether they want to have their weighted or unweighted transcripts sent to colleges.
Riverwood International Charter School Transcript Request Process
- Student completes application process as required by the college.
- Student requests transcript in Naviance using the steps outlined here: https://www.fultonschools.org/Page/18518
- Student completes the Riverwood Weighted/Unweighted Transcript Request for the Class of 2022. Future requests will be processed using the choice provided on this form: https://forms.office.com/r/hy7g1Z4w52
- Please allow ten days for the request to be processed except during peak processing times in which the processing times may be longer. All requests will be processed prior to the institutional deadline.
- Transcript choice will be applied to all applications sent through Common App
Weighted Transcript means the transcript includes the student's cumulative NGA and final course grades with the 7 points/weights for Honors, Dual Enrollment, International Baccalaureate, and Advanced Placement. (Historically what we have sent)
Unweighted Transcript means the transcript includes the student’s cumulative NGA and final course grades without the 7 honors points/weights. (New choice)
Common Application: Students who use Common Application to apply to colleges should know that your selection below is the type of transcript that will be sent to ALL colleges through the Common Application.
University of Georgia Disclaimer: Students and parents should ensure they understand UGAs process for recalculating GPAs- Admissions First Year Criteria (uga.edu). Currently UGA, accepts both weighted and unweighted transcripts.
If you have already requested a transcript, please complete the Riverwood Weighted/Unweighted Transcript Request for the Class of 2022 today. You only need to submit this form once.
If you have any questions regarding the new choice to request unweighted transcripts, please contact your assigned school counselor.
~ Riverwood Counseling Team
New Immunization Requirement for Rising Juniors