** Due to the high volume of applications received, Fulton County Schools does not provide individual application status via phone or email. Only complete applications will be considered for employment. **
Application is OPEN until filled.
How to Become a Substitute
Complete the Application Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED, 24 Technical College hours or 30 College/University semester hours from an accredited institution (eqivalency of one (1) year of college preferred. Official college transcript(s) MUST be uploaded with application. All foreign transcripts must be equivocated, through an approved agency. See Evaluation of Credentials.
- Completion of the online STEDI Substitute Training Course ($39.95 fee) with a composite passing score of 85%. STEDI Sub Diploma MUST be uploaded with application. Visit www.stedi.org for training course. If you have a valid current teaching certificate, you are EXEMPT from taking the online Substitute Training Course; however, you MUST upload a copy of your valid current teaching certificate to your application.
- Reference form submitted with application from a current or former supervisor that is listed on your application. Typed letters and/or emails are NOT acceptable. (Peers, friends, colleagues are not accepted)
** Applications without all necessary information (as seen above) will not be reviewed and considered incomplete. **
Steps to Be Considered for Substitute Employment:
To ensure that your application is given careful and timely consideration, you will need to follow the instructions below. Your application will not be considered for employment until you have completed the following steps.
1. Online Substitute Training Course:
This course is only required if you DO NOT have a teaching certificate. If you do have a valid teaching certificate, you are NOT required to take this STEDI course.
Click the logo for more information regarding the online training course.
2. Substitute Application:
All applicants must complete a Fulton County School System application. You must upload all the required documents before your application is considered complete. Your application will not be considered for employment if it is not complete.
PLEASE NOTE: We do not accept any paper documents - ALL supporting documents must be uploaded.
3. Completed Application Review:
The Office of Substitute Services will carefully review all completed applications to make a hiring decision. If you are selected for hire, you will receive an email requesting that you complete your timeline which includes all pre-employment forms and information regarding background screening.
PLEASE NOTE: Not all completed applications will be selected for hire. Non-selected candidates will not receive details related to this decision.
4. Background Screening:
Approved applicants must complete background screening by visiting an approved COGENT location. Location information will be provided in your timeline. Background screening must be completed within 10 days of timeline receipt.
Employment timeline must be completed within 30 days of receipt. FBI background results will expire 30 days after completion; if you do not attend an onboarding session within 30 days of fingerprinting, you would need to reapply and have fingerprinting re-completed
Each background screening is $48.25 per applicant. Background screening cost is not refunded or reimbursed.
Once your completed application is reviewed and you're selected for hire and your background results have been cleared, you will be invited to attend a Substitute Orientation and Onboarding session.
Substitute Teacher Compensation
Teacher Daily Rate = $100
Teacher (w/Degree) Long-Term Assignment Daily Rate = $120
Paraprofessional/Clinic Assistant Daily Rate = $80 Per Day