- Department Overview
- Great FCS Stories
- Press Release Archive
- FCS-TV Live Stream & Archive
- FCS Mobile App
- Grant Development
- Special Events in Fulton
- 2019 Star Senior Videos
- 2019 Anti-Vaping PSA Contest
- Return to Superintendent
- Census 2020
FCS Announces Anti-Vaping PSA Contest
Student Lead Anti-Vaping PSA Contest Rules and Guidelines:
We are looking for motivated and talented high school students to submit a brief Public Service Announcement (PSA) video addressing the dangers and negative effects of vaping/use e-cigarettes and ways to avoid peer pressure.
The goal of the Anti-Vaping Public Service Announcement (PSA) Contest is to educate other students and the community about the dangers and risks associated with vaping/e-cigarette use and therefore prevent students from engaging in vaping.
- $500.00 Grant Award for School/Video Broadcast Program
- Student/Team Recognition Ceremony (Award/Trophy/Principal recognition)
- Student/Team Party (lunch party, pizza party, etc.)
- Recognition at a School Board Meeting
- PSA posted on District’s social media, FCStv, and share with local media.
WHAT EXACTLY IS VAPING?
Vaping is the popular term for using electronic cigarettes or vaporizers – devices that heat up small quantities of liquid, oil, or leaves until they produce an inhalable vapor. Vaping contains harmful chemicals and the goal is to help students understand prevention is key. Vaping has become a national problem and much of the advertising is directed specifically to youth and teens. Also, it is ILLEGAL for anyone younger than 18 years to vape!
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON VAPING – GO HERE:
Special Thanks to the Following Partners:
- Fulton County Board of Commissioners
- Can be a movie film, animation, stop-motion graphics, live action, interview style, silent film with posters - just have fun and get creative!!!
- Videos should be no longer than 3 minutes
- Student can work as teams or individually
- All students must obtain parental consent and complete the attached entry form
- Videos will be judged by originality, creativity, impact and overall message on the dangers of vaping
- All videos become property of Fulton County Schools
- Submitted to the Department of Communications, attention Samantha Maxey
WHAT CANNOT BE IN YOUR MESSAGE:
The actual act of vaping is NOT allowed in submission video.
Students must complete the official Fulton County School District Anti-Vaping Entry Form and submit it at the same time you submit the video. You may use any of the following formats: AVI, FLV, WMV, MOV, or MP4. Videos can be submitted via download to a flash drive and sent through district mail (see front office of your school) or electronically (further instruction to come). The official entry form must be signed by the student and a parent/legal guardian.
Submissions Due: May 8, 2019
Winner to be Announced: May 15, 2019