The purpose of the School Governance Council is to provide parents, school staff, and community members with a leadership role in the management of the school. The School Governance Council is a governing body that is representative of the community and the school, but operates under the control and management of the Board of Education. The Council is responsible for making decisions regarding the strategic direction of the school including:
- Approve the school strategic plan and updates
- Approve the annual budget and annual resource allocations
- Manage the Request for Flexibility process
- Participate in hiring the principal (in the case of a vacancy)
- Provide annual feedback on principal performance.
SGC Officers & Committees
Budget and Finance Committee
Serra Ahlgray - Chair
Outreach and Communications Committee
Melany Jsames - Chair
Julie Alterman Stifel - Chair
Principal Selection Committee
Julie Alterman Stifel
Gentlemen of Distinction
2021-22 Meeting Dates
12/7/21 (open for community comment)
3/22/22 (open for community comment)
All SGC Meetings are held virtually.
Public Comment Meetings: ALL PUBLIC COMMENT MEETINGS HAVE BEEN SUSPENDED FOR THE 2020-21 SCHOOL YEAR.
Budget Committee Meeting
2-16-21 (2:45 p.m.) Link to Meeting
Communication Committee Meeting
2/1/21 - Link to meeting