The purpose of the School Governance Council is to provide parents, school staff, and community members with a leadership role in the management of the school. The School Governance Council is a governing body that is representative of the community and the school, but operates under the control and management of the Board of Education. The Council is responsible for making decisions regarding the strategic direction of the school including:
- Approve the school strategic plan and updates
- Approve the annual budget and annual resource allocations
- Manage the Request for Flexibility process
- Participate in hiring the principal (in the case of a vacancy)
- Provide annual feedback on principal performance.
SGC Council Members
SGC Meeting Dates
The meeting dates (2023-2024) are listed below, and each meeting will start at 3:00pm. Click on the date for a link to the meeting.
SGC Officers & Committees
Budget and Finance Committee
Ayanna Brown, Chair
Inga Colman, Vice Chair
Amy Nickerson, Parliamentarian
Outreach and Communications Committee
Lakasha Lee (Principal)