BCMS Student Dress Code
Below are behavior expectations and consequences for Bear Creek Middle School. Students who behave in a manner that puts themselves or other students in physical danger, behave or speak in a threatening fashion, refuse to follow a directive, or exhibit significant disrespect toward an adult will bypass the below and be referred to the office immediately.
DRESS CODE DISCIPLINE:
- All students shall dress appropriately so as not to disrupt or interfere with the educational program or the orderly operation of the school.
- All students are expected to be dressed appropriately and ready for instruction for the entire day.
- Students are expected to dress and groom themselves in such a way as to reflect neatness, cleanliness, and safety.
- Extremes in dress and grooming will not be permitted.
- Students who are dressed in a manner that is distracting to the learning environment (“deal breakers”) will be sent to the Clinic to swap out their clothing or to In-School Suspension (ISS) room.
- Students will call parents to bring an acceptable change of clothes.
- 1st Notice- Warning from the teacher/administrator
- 2nd Notice- Call home by the teacher/administrator
- 3rd Notice- 10 tardies total = Public Detention and call home (assigned by ISS)
- 4th Notice- 15 tardies total = Office referral (assigned by ISS)
- 1st Offense - Warning from teacher collapsed or re-ordered
- 2nd Offense - Parent Contact by the teacher depending on the infraction
- 3rd Offense - Teacher consequence/referral to Behavior Intervention Teacher
- 4th Offense - Administrative Referral