Did You Know?
Excuse Note Policy for Student Absences, Late Arrivals and Early Checkouts
Absences, late arrivals and early checkouts are considered unexcused until we receive an excuse note from parents, guardians or healthcare providers. Parents should submit an excuse note for each day the student is absent. Excuse notes must be submitted within 5 days of the absence.
Excuse notes can be submitted to Hembree Springs in two ways.
1. Email both the Hembree Springs attendance mailbox and homeroom teacher. Parents should email both the homeroom teacher and email@example.com. Emails received by 2:00pm will be processed within 24 hours of receipt.
2. Submit a paper note. Submit the note to the front desk or to the homeroom teacher. Paper notes will be processed within 48 hours of receipt.
Request Policy for Participate Remotely Absences or Pre-Approved Absences
When your child will be absent from school for travel, family emergency or other non-illness related reason parents may request one of these principal approved absence options by completing this online form.
1. Participating Remotely (PR)
- GA PK Students are not eligible for PR excused absences. Only students in grades K-5 are eligible.
- Students can substitute up to 5 absences per semester (a max of 10 per year) with a “Participating Remotely” learning day. This will result in the student being counted as present for the day(s) they participate remotely.
- Parent must complete the electronic Request for Principal Approved Absence Form 24 hours prior to the absence.
- Parent must work with your child’s teacher(s) to arrange a plan work completing the work.
- Missed work must be submitted within 2 days of returning to school. If work is not submitted by this deadline, the student will be marked with and unexcused absence for the days missed.
- Participating Remotely days do not count as an absence.
- Students may not use a remote learning day on a test day.
2. Pre-Approved Absences (PA)
- Parents must request students to be absent due to family events or other pre-approved absences at least 5 days before absence occurs.
- Missed work must be completed after the student returns to school. Pre-Approved absences will count as an excused absence.
- The student’s complete attendance record including excused, unexcused, disciplinary, or other absence types will be reviewed before the school approves these absences. The school administration will also consider the student’s academic standing before approving these absences.
- Pre-Approved Absences count as excused absences.