Remote Learning General Information
On July 16, 2020, the District announced that all schools will open in Universal Remote Learning Model. Universal Remote Learning model is required if a recurrence or resurgence of COVID-19 demands the District operates in a remote work environment. Listed below are various resources to assist families during this period. Should health conditions improve, the District will move from Universal Remote Learning to Face to Face instruction. If the information you need is not located here, please reach out to your child’s teacher or the school’s administration for additional assistance.
How Do I Set Up My Parent Portal?
All portal accounts require a 1-time activation to create your ID and password. You must be a parent/guardian of a current FCS student to activate an account.
Student first and last name (as entered on birth certificate)
Student ID number
Student Date of Birth (DD/MM/YYYY)
Student grade level (2020-2021 grade level)
For all technology-related issues
Universal Remote Learning Hotline: 470-254-2300
For all content-related issues
Contact the individual teacher regarding any student assignments
Where can I get more IT support?
Universal Remote Learning Hotline
9:00 AM-3:30 PM
Monday - Friday
Laptop & Hotspot Distribution
• All device issues must be reported through the Universal Remote Learning Hotline.
• Hotspots can be requested through Hotline and distributed though the Hub.
Hubs (For "Hands On" Help)
• Hubs are regionally located at Banneker HS, Langston Hughes HS, Vickery Mill ES, Taylor Road MS, and Ridgeview MS.
• Call the Hotline (470-254-2300) to make an appointment.
• Hubs will support hotspot distribution, device swaps, or power cord needs.